Re: Vacuum Advance and Pressure retard

To: Doug Mathews <mathews@uga.edu>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vacuum Advance and Pressure retard
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 11:39:48 -0500
Yes, the engine management computers on modern engines with forced
induction do retard the timing under boost.

MSD and their competitors sell aftermarket devices called 'boost timing
controllers' for folks with modified engines.

-Erik

--
Erik Quackenbush, V.P. Operations, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566 fax: 1-847-680-0832 http://www.midwestfilter.com