Re: Gas Prices

To: <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Gas Prices
From: Lftlesl@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 13:51:36 EDT
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
When I graduated in 1974, I could put gas in my TR4 for 25 cents per gallon. My
faculty adviser told me that since I had a degree from a respected instituion,
I should not settle for less than a $10,000 per year salary.

A few years later, when I finally found a permanent job at a newspaper, I was
paid $125 a week. Used a manual typewriter and an early fax machine that
required me to wrap one page at a time around a cylinder and attach it to a
telephone.

No matter what they say THESE are the good old days!

Les Landon
1962 TR3B TCF644L
Baton Rouge