Re: Are we gaining or losing Triumphs?

To: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Are we gaining or losing Triumphs?
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 09:00:57 -0700
Cc: "Triumph (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Randall,
Your observation follows the trend that I stated.  The side screen cars are
those that have already fallen into that category of cars that previously
would have been donors are being restored.  Having spent that much money
restoring a rust bucket makes it very difficult for the proud owner to
subject the finished product to regular street use.  As these cars get older,
they will eventually all fall into that category and we will all be
worse off for not being to see them on the streets with greater irregularity.

On the other hand, It seems to me that the Brits have a different slant on this
issue.  My observation is that unlike most of us in the USA, they
prefer to drive their cars regardless of how much money it has taken to restore
them.  This of course is a generalization and may not be applicable in
all cases!

Joe