Floor Paint substitute

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Floor Paint substitute
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 08:25:21 -0800 (PST)
Has anyone out there ever seen / used one of the large garage floor mats that
are available?

An example is at:

http://www.tbyrnemotorsports.com/garagefloormats.html

NFI NFI NFI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks like these are marketed to be a substitute for the concrete floor
paints.

Several things appeal to me about it, but I'm very skeptical about how it would
hold up to a couple of different kinds of loads.

For instance a concentrated load. . .say by the small contact points of jack
stands or ramp stands.

Or rolling loads. . would I be restricted to driving the car straight in and
straight out. . . turning the steering wheel would result in a big wave or
ripple on the mat?

Then there is the combination of the two: a floor jack.

So what's anyone's thought's / experiences?

Thanks.

Scott Tilton
Driving Triumphs EVERYDAY in Leesburg, VA
http://personals.yahoo.com