Leaking TR3 jet

To: <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Leaking TR3 jet
From: "Allen, Warren" <Warren.Allen@infores.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 10:03:51 -0600
I can't remember whether I've shared this with the list, but it's
probably worth mentioning again anyway:

I had a jet that wouldn't stop leaking, no matter what I tried.  I
finally noticed that the jet was hollow at the bottom, and the choke
attachment clip was held to the jet by a screw.  To be more precise, the
bottom of the jet was threaded, and a square-headed screw (held in place
by the downward-projecting u-shaped choke clip) went up into the bottom
of the jet.  I hope that's clear.  The seal of the screw in the bottom
of the jet was imperfect, and that's where it was leaking. I got some
gas-resistant sealant, reassembled it, and voila. No more leaks.
Apparently some jets are not hollow at the bottom, but some are. If you
have a leak that you can't fix, it's something to check.

Warren Allen
1960 TR3A TS55177L