Re: Triumphs Only

To: " Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Triumphs Only
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 01 06:56:23 -0800
>Wayne Bier dealt with me fairly and squarely and I find it disappointing to
>hear of problems with him or any supplier.

I believe Wayne to be an honest businessman who is more than a bit
disorganized at times.

Much of the stuff he has is used.  Much of the new stuff he has is NLA
new.  There are no real STANDARD industry wide prices for these things so
he makes them up as he goes along.
For used stuff still in production I've seen him look the current price
up in the Moss catalogue and ask a percentage of the Moss price.

Wayne tends to charge as much as he thinks he can sell a product for.  As
much as we would all prefer otherwise, Wayne is in business to pay the
bills and take home a pay check.

It is up to the potential purchaser to decide if they wish to pay his
asking price.  Sometimes the price is fair, sometimes I have walked away
leaving a part I had just pulled on the counter in his shop.

Then of course, I think it behooves anyone who purchases anything used to
look it over carefully before making the purchase.  Condition is a highly
subjective eye of the beholder type thing.

My technique for getting the best price from Triumphs Only is to shop
elsewhere first and if I find the part get a price, then check with
Wayne.  My approach is "I need part XYZ and have found it at Acme
whatever for $AB.CD.  I would rather give you my business.  Do you have
one and how much?"  More often then not Wanye undercuts my previous offer
and I buy the part from him.

I've known Wayne personally for almost 15 years and during that time I
have never seen him do anything dishonest to a customer.  And I have only
once seen him do anything misleading and I don't think he did it on
purpose.

TeriAnn Wakeman               If you send me direct mail, please
Santa Cruz, California        start the subject line with TW -
twakeman@cruzers.com           I will be sure to read the message

http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

"How can life grant us the boon of living..unless we dare"
Amelia Earhart 1898-1937