Re: eBay britcarsource dupes another

To: <jmlozano@ismi.net>
Subject: Re: eBay britcarsource dupes another
From: "Dixie" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 00:19:32 -0000
Cc: <GreenBugeye@aol.com>, <mgendron@speakeasy.org>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
In answer to Jorge, I was mislead by the description into thinking that I
was bidding on an original Manual on the particular auction in which I
participated.
It only transpired later that it was an inferior photocopy after I had paid
in advance and subsequently received the goods.

Britcarsource was not the vendor in this instance at least his description
states that the value is in the info which does give a clue as to
authenticity.

There was, at the time, a vendor in Florida, clearly stating that his
Manuals were photocopies. EBay pulled his auctions early and the vendor was
stopped from selling them at $5.00 each. Strange that he was being honest
yet it was his auctions that were pulled. I never understood this turn of
events.

One final part of the learning curve was the conduct of eBay. I was appalled
to find that although sprinkled through their site they tell you that all
purchases are insured. This proved to be nonsence. The small print contains
the info that you must pay them $15.00 before they will even look at the
case and it only applies to goods purchased cost over $25.00. They also
flattly refused to stop the fraudulent auctions which on occasion were
running five at a time. They even gave me a formal warning to stop me
contacting the crooked vendor when I was only asking for a refund!. They
have used the best lawyers on their small print "Catch 22" springs to mind

Regards
Adrian
TR4A CT64306 O