TR6 for Sale

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 for Sale
From: Mike Ginter <mikeginter@frii.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 10:05:54 -0700
Hi guys!  Some of you may remember me (Hi Joe!) from a few years back
prior to Mr. Bradakis creating the Spitfire list.  I signed up briefly
to tell you all about a TR6 for sale.  It sounds like a nice car.  I was
referred to the seller by one of my 914 pals in California.  I only know
the seller via email as a result.  I told him I would forward this
information on to the list if he wanted me too, and he approved.  So
here it is.  This is the car I always wanted when I had Spits.  69 with
wires and OD.  I of course have no interest in this venture whatsoever.
I just thought would make a really nice car for someone and my first
thought was of you folks.  I'll be unsubscribing again in a few days,
but I can be reached directly at:  mikeginter@frii.net

Enjoy!

Mike

The details:

1969. Wire wheels. 84,000 original miles as I can tell. Yellow. Good
condition. Very genuine car. One fella had it since 1980. I have almost
every work order and invoice for it since that time.

Runs very well.

What else? Crappy radio!

Everything pretty much original.

$5000

There is no rust on the car anywhere that I have seen. The car has been
in
the desert since 1980 (Palm Springs area).

It has been repainted at least once. I believe it was repainted the same
color as it was originaly. The soft top is in good shape with a 1 inch
slit
on the right side. The window in the top is good and the rest of the top
is
good - just that one split as I can see. It has overdrive and it works
well.
The gearbox is clean and all the synchros etc seem perfect. The guy that
had
it was 84 years old when he sold it to me and had had it since 1980. He
had
simply used it to go on the freeway from where he lived into palm
springs -
maybe 20 miles each way.

The engine seems very good. The compression was said to be good by my
mechanic. I think he said 140 or 160 all the way across. Doesn't smoke
although it is old enough.

OK. To what is wrong with it. The car is obviously 30 years old. It
drives
straight and strong but the dials and knobs are faded. The dash was
replaced
a few years ago but is also a little faded. You could probably re stain
easily as it is is in good shape. There is a non original switch for the
windshield washers. The water for the washers doesn't work. I haven't
tried
to fix, I live in California. The windows crank up and down like all of
the
old MGB's TR's of that time - badly. The sun visors are thrashed and
need
replacing.

Overall a very genuine car. I had one person that spent a lot of time
looking at it and already owned another 69 and had become a little bit
of an
expert. His problem was that his other 69 was also yellow.

http://www.Longjohnson.net

Mark Johnson
Troxler & Associates, Inc.
20750 ventura Boulevard, Suite 205