Re: Pulley/balancer/fan extension bolt

To: "kkrice1" <kkrice1@msn.com>, "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "6pack List" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pulley/balancer/fan extension bolt
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 20:54:46 -0700
Kyle,

If it's the same thing (and I think it is) as described in my Haynes manual
as the crankshaft pulley attachment and its a 5/8" UNF x 2 1/2" bolt then
the torque should be 90-100 ft-lbs.

I used anti-seize on mine two years ago and haven't had a problem with it
coming loose....locktite seemed redundant at 100 ft-lbs of torque, plus
given the difficulty in getting the bolt loose it didn't seem necessary.
The anti-seize did.

Bud Rolofson
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)