Head Stud vs. bolt?

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Head Stud vs. bolt?
From: ebk@buffnet.net
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 22:51:56 +0000
Hi List!
        I was planing on installing new Wet Sleeve Cylinders in my TR4/A engine
& was planning on follow Brian S's hold-down method, of using the Head
Studs with washers & pipe as hold-down, on the cylinders once inplace
with gAsket sealer & Fig. "8" joint gaskets.
        A club member suggested not to install the Head Studs yet because of
grtting in the way when turning the engine. He suggested that I use
washers & bolt. Then just before you're ready to install the head,
that's when he says to remove the bolts & washers to install the Head
Studs. I'm interested in the members oppion that have been there,...