Re: Triumph Wedges...Now Triumphs

Subject: Re: Triumph Wedges...Now Triumphs
From: "M. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 07:14:36 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Actually, it's a little known fact that in the early 60's there was only one
factory recommended damper oil for Triumphs -- that which was made from the
rendered fat of the Pacific Right whale.  Demand for said oil thus became so
great the poor beasts were nearly driven to extinction, and remain so today.
(Bowing to political pressure, Standard Triumph changed the recommendation to
oil
and vinegar.)

--
Martin Secrest