Re: TR3 Vin help

To: David Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>
Subject: Re: TR3 Vin help
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 09:52:16 -0700
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
David Templeton wrote:

> Morning all from snow covered Ontario,
>
> A member of my car club has a TR3. The problem is it has been registered
> using the "EB" body, because there is no vin tag. Is there any advice on how
> to resolve this?
>
> Thanks
> David Templeton

David,
You an probably order a BMIHT production certificate by giving them all the
numbers that you have still on your car.  Hopefully, they can cross
reference the correct Commission number and send you a certificate.

After that you can get a reproduction plate and have the number stamped onto it.

Armed with your production certificate, you can then undergo the battle with
the local authorities and attempt to explain the situation.  If you are
successful, they will alter the registration and issue a new title.

Cheers,
Joe