1976 TR6 - Headers - RESULTS

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 1976 TR6 - Headers - RESULTS
From: "Dennis N Culligan" <dncullig@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 12:28:09 -0500 #s MIAS4UTJ8H JPOS4U8UWQ CMCY4QLP6R |August 29, 2001) at 12/15/2001 12:28:00 PM
List -
     Thanks to everyone who responded both privately and on the list.
I've decided that, since we're talking about a street car here (with no
foreseeable future as a race car), that headers are unnecessary at
this time.  I'm going  to  re-install  my  good ol' cast iron manifold and
consider a SS free-flow exhaust at a later date.
     I've also received enough feedback to state that if you're consider-
ing headers, don't go cheap - it won't pay off in the end.  Buy the best
ones you can possibly afford.
      BTW, it was a Monza header (not Kirker or Pacesetter), and the
good folks at BPNW said all of the Monza headers they had in stock
were exactly the same (which means replacing it would have been a
waste of time, but YMMV).  The specifically did NOT recommend any
others they had in stock. They also said if we had to bend/grind/ham-
mer it to fit and it still wouldn't, they'd take it back, which shows their
commitment to customer satisfaction.  Thanks BPNW.

Dennis Culligan / 1976 TR6 - CF57948U - TR6IUMPH /
                              DNCULLIG@US.IBM.COM