TR7 crankcase ventilation

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR7 crankcase ventilation
From: Eganb@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 09:37:22 EST
Hi all!

I tried to add some oil to my TR7 yesterday while it was running.  I took of
the valve cover cap and tried to pour the oil, but there was lots of pressure
inside the cover, and the oil blew all over the place.  Cute.

Should there be that much pressure inside the valve cover/crankcase?  In my
old Chevy, I would suspect the PCV valve had gone bad with that much
pressure.

On the TR7, is the PCV valve the item in the top center of the engine that
looks like a Rube Goldberg flying saucer with a vacuum line coming out the
top?  And if it's stuck, are they cleanable with Gummout or something
similar?

Hmmm -- maybe too much pressure is why my fuel pump is always leaking all
around the gasket?

As always, thanks!

Bruce
1980 Inca Yellow TR7 Convertible