Book: Triumph Cars in America - Video: Triumphs across America

To: 1-Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Book: Triumph Cars in America - Video: Triumphs across America
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 20:14:44 +0100
Friends,
I've seen You've been discussing the book "Triumph Cars in America"
by Mr Michael "Speedy Herald builder" Cook. Nice book btw. I read it
last night. Well, it wasn't the book I was going to write about...
It was the similarly named Video "Triumphs Across America" - that I
got a flyer about together with my December 2001 TSSC Courier Mag.

I must stress I haven't seen it, but I thought it might be of interest
to You all. Or at least to some of you... ;-)

Start quoted text:
TRIUMPHS ACROSS AMERICA

A revealing documentary video celebrating 50 years of Triumph history,
shows, advertising, racing and passion in America.

ACROSS AMERICA
Triumphs of all ages on the East coast, West coast, across the US
and at one of America's biggest recent shows

ALL TRIUMPH MODELS
Full range of Triumph cars from the TR2 to TR8, as well as saloons
and other sports cars

US TRIUMPH MARKETING
Rare and revealing US Triumph marketing material, including a selec-
tion of slick TV advertisements a novel US radio commercial from the
1950s onwards

RARELY SEEN ARCHIVE FILMS
Rarely seen archive films featuring Triumph cars, including the 1958
US Triumph Tour of Europe

RARE AND RADICALLY MODIFIED TRIUMPHS
Rare and radically modified US Triumphs, including the 250K (unique
US built Triumph race car), Mayflower, TR3 and TR6 pick-up trucks
and others

RACING
Triumph cars racing at race circuits across the US from the 1950s
to the 1990s -including famous race drivers

RALLYING
Feature on John Buffum who won the US National Rally Championship
at the end of the 1970s in a TR7

MORE
A feature by feature tour of the Triumph TR250, amazing owners, one
of America's biggest parts suppliers and much more

-APPROXIMATELY 70 MINUTES-
-----
Triumphs Across America            GBP 14.99  [that's roughly USD 22]
Postage and Packing (any quantity) GBP  3.90  [roughly USD 5.70]
Payable via C cards from:

British Car Films Ltd, PO Box 13862, London  N4 3BR, United Kingdom
telephone Int+44-2072814777
fax       Int+44-2083744852

They also lists the following titles:
Land Rovers Across America
Jaguars Across America
Morris Minors Across America
Minis Across America
50 Years of British cars racing in America
MGs Across America (two parts)
All GBP 14.99 bar the last pair, they are GBP 19.99
End quoted text.

Sorry friends, I found neither an e-mail address or an URL for the
company. Maybe someone more fluent in Web searching in English would
have better luck.

Anyway, this might be something of interest for some of you Triumph
gear head...
Regards
/Odd
--
Odd Hedberg
Pomonagatan 4           International liaison secretary,