Stupid Question - Need Help x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: Brian Damkroger <bkdamkr@nmia.com>
Subject: Stupid Question - Need Help x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 18:49:34 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Message text written by Brian Damkroger
>Hi Listers.
The hood release cable on my '73 TR6 was broken by an over-zealous
grease monkey at Texaco Quick-Lube this morning.  Unfortunately, the
hood didn't open in the process.  So, now I have a broken cable and
closed hood.  Here's the question - how do I get the hood open, so that
I can reattach or repair the cable?  I know it's probably a stupid
question, but I'll admit my ignorance and ask for help!
Brian
<

Brian,

It's not a stupid question.  Sure it is easy to figure out how to do it
oncew the hood is open but while the hood is still closed it is not self
evident.

Here's a technique I have used:

1) Remove the glovebox.

2) Slide a long, thin screwdriver through the grommet in the hole that the
wire harnes passes and fish around until you find the release lever on the
hood latch and move it toward the center of the car.

3) Fix the release cable (and install a redundant, back up cable).

Please note that this technique works on LHD cars.  If you's is right hand
steer there will be parts in the wrong place for this technique and the
pedals may be in the way anyway.

Good luck

Dave

P.S. Slap that Texaco guy for us.  <G>