best wishes and trunk rattles

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: best wishes and trunk rattles
From: "Robert Rochlin" <r_rochlin@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 08:35:48 -0500 FILETIME=[65973C70:01C18C7F]
    Best Wishes for the holidays and New Year to all of you fellow listers who
have been so generous with your help and expertise over the last year.  I hope
we will be able to commiserate for many years to come.
    I've been trying to track down a rattle in the rear right area of my
trunk.  At first I thought it was the exhaust system hitting the frame, but
I'm now fairly sure its the fuel sender float hitting the inside of the gas
tank. Have any of you had the same problem?  Any ideas of what else my be
causing the rattle?  (It happens when going over bumps) Do I need to live with
it?  I don't want to pull the gas tank unless I'm really convinced that this
is the problem.
Bob Rochlin
72' TR 6
Ain't noth'en faster then a borrowed car...