batteries

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: batteries
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 15:17:23 -0500
Today I called 5 different battery companys to inquire about storage of wet
cell car batteries for the winter, all 5 said never store a battery on a
cement floor, when I asked why, they said it would not only help to discharge
it but also was very harmful to the lead/acid insides. I am not a chemist and
have no idea as to how this effects wet cells, I just know 5 companys said
"no". This is for whatever it's worth to whom, I had always been taught the
same thing over the years, myth or not, I store them on wood.  "FT"