Re: Michelin recommmendations?

To: "a Wallace" <wallaces@superaje.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Michelin recommmendations?
From: "elliottd" <elliottd@look.ca>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 17:39:34 -0500
I bought five 165 SR 15 Michelin tires in 1990 when I finished the 3-year
restoration of my TR3A and never got a flat (the spare never got out the
spare wheel compartment) during 56,000 miles over 10 years.  I was really
pleased with them.

This past summer I checked with Michelin and I can only get this size from
Coker or other similar outlets for antique tires.  I found a place near
Orillia Ontario who gets them into Canada.  He sells tham at a really high
price tag of about $185. Canadian dollars each.

So, while on my way to VTR in Colorado in August, 2001, the treads on the
Michelins started to separate in a big way and I replaced them with what I
could find locally in Cedar Falls, Iowa.  These now have 4000 miles on them.
They are Kelly Springfield Cordovan 165 S 15's.

These are on my original width rims.

Don Elliott, Original Owner, 1958 TR3A TS 27489 LO
Montreal, Canada