Update- TR4 brake light switch

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Update- TR4 brake light switch
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 15:13:02 +1100 FILETIME=[70841DB0:01C191B1]
Listers,

Firstly, I must apologise for being vague in my first message. My TR4 (CT
23641 O) has a hydraulic brake light switch. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Secondly, many thanks for the replies thus far.

I examined my old brake light switch (the one that failed three months ago).
It is possibly the original for my car as it has a build date of 3/63
stamped on it. If so they don't build them like they used to!!!

Anyway, the ?original? switch has the part no. 34542A stamped on it. I put
the number through Google and learnt that Hella make a replacement (Hella
part no. 4565).

I went to my local Repco and picked one up. They are slightly more expensive
than the non-Lucas one that just died on my car. I installed it and all
works fine.

I will keep the list posted of how it goes, perhaps the German part will
bring some reliability.

Many thanks,
Michael
63' TR4 (with a Hella brake light switch)
Sydney, Australia