Re: TR6 rear hub rebuilder

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 rear hub rebuilder
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 18:11:13 -0000
Hi Jim
Sounds like a sound job, I did my own hubs for my 2500 saloon in much the
same manner, only thing I did different was to get a long series drill and
drill right down from the edge of the flange and tap the hole to accept a
grease nipple, now whenever I change the brake shoes I can give each hub a
couple of shots of grease to freshen them up a bit. Did this 7 - 8 yrs ago,
popped the seals straight away with one stroke too many, learnt the limit
and re-fitted the seals! And have swapped them from the original car to my
current 2000 saloon, not a sign of any problem, daily driver and weekend
plaything, driven very hard!

Graham.