Re: TR4 wire wheels, Dayton

To: pethier@isd.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 wire wheels, Dayton
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 14:48:07 EST
In a message dated 12-Jan-02 14:56:22 Eastern Standard Time, pethier@isd.net
writes:

> >my '64 TR4 came with the optional 60 spoke wire
> >wheels which (according to Piggott) were the same color as the discs.  When
> >replaced the wheels in '93, I bought Dayton wheels from TRF
>
> How are they?  I'm thinking that may be the way to go to upgrade from the
> old 48-spokes I have on the '62 TR4 now.  Do they really stay straight
> without tuning?

Phil, they are excellent!  They were a perfect match to my original 60 spoke
wheels in every respect.  I have never had a problem maintaining my whire
wheels for the last 37 years.  The originals lasted 29 years and I never
touched them.

The reason I replaced them was that the hub splines were worn.  BTW, if you
get new wheels get new hub adaptors also.  See my article on the VTR website
(www.vtr.org) for the reasoning on that.  Regards.

Art Kelly