Late TR4 Air Filters

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Late TR4 Air Filters
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 13:10:57 +1100 FILETIME=[B41F5FE0:01C19CA0]
Listers,

Currently on EBay there are some air filters listed a being NOS for  a post
CT23594 TR4 (Item number: 600302975):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=600302975&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1011498117&indexURL=0&rd=1

They are different to the type listed in the Moss catalogue for TR4s with ZS
carbs and the re-circulating breather system. However, they have holes for
the two breather tubes and would definitely fit/work well with the post
CT23594 set up.

They have paper type filters where as my originals (and the Moss ones) have
the wire mesh type and are smaller in diameter.

Does anyone know if these are correct, or if not, what car they come off?
They come with a box with a BL logo. I suspect that they may be a later BL
replacement for the wire mesh type filters...

Many thanks in advance,
Michael
63' TR4 CT23641 O
Sydney, Australia