RE: [triumph_cars] Re: Vitesse heater

To: triumph_cars@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [triumph_cars] Re: Vitesse heater
From: "Linkens, Andy" <alinkens@nuera.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:32:09 -0000
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, GuyotLeonF@aol.com, David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Thanks for the replies,
I've just reversed flushed the heater with a garden hose and after a bit of
glugging and some dodgy stuff coming out reassembled the hoses. It now is a
whole lot better in terms of heat (but it still takes some time to warm up -
I think that must be due to the time the engine takes to heat the water in
the jacket and therefore not a lot I can do about it). As a check, when the
engine's up to temperature, the hose going in to the heater matrix is piping
hot while the exit hose always remains quite lukewarm - discounting a
blockage this must be showing that the heat transfer is OK.
BTW I replaced the fan motor with one out of the Dolomite 1300 and that
makes quite a difference to the volume of air.
One warmer Triumph driver!
thanks
Andy