TR6 Speedo: Cleaning Dial Face

Subject: TR6 Speedo: Cleaning Dial Face
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <pandachadwell@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 11:48:15 -0800
How did they print the numbers on the speedo dial face?  What did
they use, watercolor?  I cautiously squirted a bit of Simple Green on
the dial face and I saw immediately that if I continued using that
cleaning product I would easily wipe all the numbers away from the
dial face!  I would expect a product like, say, carb cleaner, or some
other solvent-based cleaner to remove the letters, but I did not
expect Simple Green to do it.  Luckily, my little test was just that
and I have not really damaged the appearance of the dial face at this
point.

Question is, what the Hell CAN I put on the dial face that will clean
it without removing the numbers, etc.?  I guess I'll try a little
plain water to see if that'll take the paint off.  If it doesn't,
I'll try cleaning it with dish soap.

Thanks!

--
Pete Chadwell