Re: [triumph_herald] Re: [triumph_cars] Change point of Herald 1200 Coup

To: <bk54@erols.com>, <herald948@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [triumph_herald] Re: [triumph_cars] Change point of Herald 1200 Coupe Windscreen Seal?
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 09:40:40 EST
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com>
In a message dated Fri, 18 Jan 2002 12:11:22 AM Eastern Standard Time, Bill
Kelly <bk54@erols.com> writes:

> So then, presumably, would GA41328LCV, built 2 weeks prior (22 Nov). How
> would I know? How wide is the "wide" finisher? Mine's (from memory -
> it's COLD outside!) about 1/4" (5 or so mm). Not my idea of Wide, really...
>
> I know it has the 2-part metal finisher with clips top and bottom, and I
> know this installed easily in a new weatherstrip purchased from a major
> UK vendor in 1997.

The "wide" finishers are probably more like 1/2" wide. Herald 1200s (coupes and
convertibles, anyway) actually used three different finishers: the "wide"
style, a narrower, two-piece metal with additional finisher clips top and
bottom, and the "chromed" plastic one-piece type with the single finisher clip
at the bottom center. The latter two both fit in the same seal and look very
similar from a distance.

--Andy

Andrew Mace, Vice President, Member Services
 and 10/Herald/Vitesse (Sports 6) Vehicle Consultant
The Vintage Triumph Register <www.vtr.org>