Still grilling in New England

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Still grilling in New England
From: "Rick Barnard" <rstirb@townisp.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 22:41:37 -0500
Cc: net@lists.mv.net
Hi List,
        What started out as a little project to mount some badges on my
grille has morphed into a complete TR6 grille disassembly and rebuild.
        What a combination of materials and finishes!  Plastic coated steel
grille frame, painted aluminum grille, painted steel finisher strip, bare
aluminum center bar, stainless steel frame surrounds, enameled steel
badge....anyway, I'm having fun.
        Here's my question:  what's a good product/technique for cleaning up
and polishing aluminum, and also for stainless steel?  I have a bench grinder
with a buffer wheel, but am not afraid of using elbow grease.

                Regards,
                        Rick   1973  TR6  CF257OU