Re: Correct I.D. Fuel Line Hose

Subject: Re: Correct I.D. Fuel Line Hose
From: Randall <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 08:24:18 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Do any of the
> other listers know where to get the correct hose?  I am going to say it is 8
> mm I.D. but I am not sure on this.

8mm is way too big.  The original tubes are slightly larger than 1/4",
so that 1/4" id _should_ fit snugly.  6mm would be very snug, but might
be too tight to go on.  If you can find it, 6mm or 7/32" emissions hose
might work best, as it will be a little more 'stretchy'.

The problem is that normal manufacturing tolerances for the fuel line
are enough to make the difference between staying on and slipping off at
the most inopportune moment.  Even if you could find NOS hose, it
wouldn't do well either, as modern gasoline (at least in most of the
USA) will 'eat' the old rubber components.

For minimum visual impact, I would suggest the spring clamps with the
ears turned down where they don't show.  You used to get 4 of these
clamps (and suitable lengths of hose) with every fuel filter for my old
Dodge Dart, it's a shame I always threw them away <g>  You could even
paint them (Magic marker ?) to match the hose, or get FT to powder coat
them flat black.

Randall