Re: British TR3 owners?

To: <Shrack04@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: British TR3 owners?
From: "Dixie" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 19:06:03 -0000
UK lighting regulations current at the time of TR3 production were that the
rear signal lamp (or indicators as we call them in UK) had to be amber or
red was allowed if it was incorporated in the main rear lamp. Front signal
lamps were allowed in white or amber. This was all changed on cars built
after 1965 to all signal lamps had to be amber. That is why TR4 rear lens'
are available in all red or red/amber. A front beehive lamp in clear would
probably be fitted with an orange bulb these days for the sake of safety.

I am no TR3 expert but UK cars seem to have a pair of shallow beehive lamps
outboard of the grille and were used as signal lamps in amber.

Adrian
TR4A CT64306 O
Wales UK