The South African Triumph connection is back

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: The South African Triumph connection is back
From: Chris De Wet <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 16:33:25 +0200
Cc: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Greetings list .Hope everyone had a great Holiday season .

Thanks to everyone that sent Christmas cards and a special word of thanks to
Joe Curry ( USA ) and Suzie ( UK ) for the Triumph Gifts . It's highly
appreciated guys . Thanks a lot . You are both great .

Vacation was great . Spend most of the time fixing things on the farm . Also
started fixing all the stress cracks on the Spitfire and a few things on the
TR 3 . Spend 6 days at the South coast ( Margate , South Africa ) , ate a
sea food pizza and returned home with severe food poisoning . All in good
fun , especially the drive back inland from the coast :-)

Spoke to an elderly man the other day about his red Mk 1 GT 6 with o/d and
wire wheels . I've helped him with a few bits and pieces a long time ago ,
but he decided now to sell it because he is too old ( one is never too old
to drive a Triumph ). The car still needs to be restored , but it is in
relatively good shape . Unfortunately he wants R 18 000.00 for it , which is
way beyond my reach .... and I suspect that I may have too many cars to
restore as it is :-) But a Spit 6 or GT6 convertible would have been a nice
addition me thinks .

My office is moving from the basement , where it's 34 C ( 90 F I think ) and
no aircon , to the sixth floor with aircon . I must be moving up in life :-)
. No idea when the move will take place , but they said sometime during
February or perhaps sooner .

If you guys get too cold you are most welcome to come and visit :-)

Have to keep it short . Mail has been completely off since 6 / 7 December
2001 and just came on again yesterday afternoon .They are currently working
on our internet mail server and promised to have it 100 % fixed by this
afternoon . If anyone sent mail for my attention during the period 1
December 2001 to 22 January 2002 and haven't received a reply back , please
re-send or give me a shout . A lot of mail was lost during our network
crisis .

Glad to be back on the list .

Chris de Wet .
PO Box 472 , Ifafi , 0260 , South Africa .

Daily driver : '56 Triumph TR 3 .

In restoration :'64 Triumph Spitfire 4 ( Mk 1 ) .

Long term projects :'62 Triumph Herald 1200 Coupe .'65 Triumph Herald 12/50
Convertible .'66 Triumph Spitfire Mk 2 .

Very long term project :'33 Triumph Sports Special .

DISCLAIMER AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE.
All factual and other information within this e-mail including any
attachments, relating to the official business of South African Post Office
(Pty) Ltd., or of any associated company, is the property of the S.A. Post
Office.  It is confidential and legally protected against any unauthorised
use.  The South African Post Office neither owns nor endorses any
information which does not relate to its official business.  This would
include personal mail and/or opinions by senders who may or may not be
employed by the South African Post Office.
The person addressed in the e-mail is the intended recipient.  Please notify
the sender immediately if it has unintentionally reached another recipient.
Such recipient must not read, disclose or use the content in any way
whatsoever.
The South African Post Office cannot ensure that this e-mail is free of
errors, viruses, interception or interference and will not be held liable
for any personal mail and/or opinions expressed herein.