Re: TR6 clutch change

Subject: Re: TR6 clutch change
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <pandachadwell@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 17:26:12 -0800
>It's time to change the clutch in my 75 TR6.  Is it really necessary to
>remove the entire interior to drop the transmission as the manuals suggests?
>   The interior is nearly new and it would be nice not to upset this.  Can
>the tranny be removed by working from undernieth the car only?
>
>Thanks in advance.

Ross:

Assuming for the moment that it is possible to do it all from
underneath without removing the interior, I strongly suspect that it
would be much, MUCH more difficult and that after you finished the
job you would be conclude that it would have been much easier and
faster to pull the interior out.

Having said that, I'm pretty certain that it would be impossible to
do without pulling the interior.  And I've changed my clutch and/or
removed the gearbox enough times to know.  If anyone's out there who
has done this from underneath, please tell us how!

I can identify with your frustration, though.  It is indeed a pain to
pull all that crap out.

--
Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6