Re: Updeated DCOE page for TR2-4A

To: "Mike Denman" <mikedenman@earthlink.net>, " Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "British cars list" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Updeated DCOE page for TR2-4A
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 02 07:39:55 -0800
>The locking tab that was supposed to keep the
>screw in place was still on the carburetor (the carburetors were bought new
>and were perhaps a year old).  These screws are also drilled for safety
>wire.  And because the screws are not "torqued down" like normal screws
>(because they hold a thin and somewhat fragile venturi in place, the locking
>tabs don't work very well.  I would suggest that these screws should always
>be safety wired The safety wire will definitely keep the screws in place.

I have heard that story from a few people now.  I guess I should update
my Weber web page to provide that bit of advice.

I've also noticed that on race vehicles the top cover is almost always
drilled and wired as well.  I've never figured if the cover ever comes
off on its own or if it is a requirements of some race associations.

Oh well I guess I need to update the page again...

TeriAnn Wakeman               If you send me direct mail, please
Santa Cruz, California        start the subject line with TW -
twakeman@cruzers.com           I will be sure to read the message

http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

"How can life grant us the boon of living..unless we dare"
Amelia Earhart 1898-1937