Re: TR6 interiors

To: Rob Christopher <robc@cisco.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 interiors
From: Raymond Hatfield <iron_horse819@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 11:10:03 -0800 (PST)
--- Rob Christopher <robc@cisco.com> wrote:
> So I'm looking to buy my interior this month since the sales are on.  I
> want to get the interior kit, seat kits, and foam kits from Vic Brit.
> Anyone have any comments on their quality?  Moss or TRF better/worse?
>
> I've contacted  John Skinner in the UK to see what he offers as well.
>
> My biggest problem is that I'm leaning heavily towards the Light Tan,
> which was not a standard colour for my 74.5 TR6.  Vic Brit has already
> said "No, if it's not in the catalogue, you can't have it."  Does anyone
> know who supplies them so I can ask directly if I can get this custom
> set done?
>
> Rob

What VB didn't tell you is that as long as you don't have the pull handle
mounted in the door, you can use any of the earlier interior panel kits on your
'6. (Actually you still could, but you'd have to either cover the pull handle
or personally cut the opening out)  I plan on using the '72 TR6 Light Tan
interior in my '65 TR4A as soon as it comes back from the paint shop.

=====
Raymond L. Hatfield
'65 TR4A IRS, O/D, SAH Tuned "Chance"
'73 Stag 4.3L, Auto, A/C, etc "Molly"