RE: new VTR page: appology

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: new VTR page: appology
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 11:48:26 -0800
> Nonono... The web site deigner's mistake.  A site should look just the
> same from either Netscape or Explorer.

I certainly agree with this in principle.  In the real world however, it's
one of the biggest headaches a web page writer faces.  Even different minor
revisions of a given browser can act differently (and there are a lot more
browsers than just IE and NS).  For example, if I run Netscape 4.72, the
site looks as it's designer intended.  But for someone else running 4.76, it
doesn't.

My point is, no one intended for the problem to arise, like a Triumph oil
leak it just happened.  I'm sure the webmaster will have it fixed soon, in
the meantime please keep your comments constructive.  Not that they haven't
been, but I think sometimes we forget that the club sites are maintained by
volunteers, who can't always devote full time to the task.

Randall