Re: "new" VTR page: not "new" at all, just a glitch!

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <vtr@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "new" VTR page: not "new" at all, just a glitch!
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 16:04:08 EST
OK, I'll keep this as simple as I can. There is no "new" VTR page. The web site
went up sometime in the latter part of 1994 for the first time, and it received
a major overhaul in layout and especially "look" awhile back. It was late 2000,
I think; I'd look it up, but I can't right now -- there is what I believe is
called an "SSI" server side include[?]) problem. We had it fixed last night,
but it seems to have come back and occasionally wreaking havoc with access to
most of the site.

What many of you have been seeing off and on since yesterday is NOT any
intentional redesign of the site, rather a technical problem we hope to solve
soon.

For what it's worth, the site was redesigned and maintained by someone who
makes a living doing this sort of thing (a PROFESSIONAL WEB DESIGNER, and a
very, very good one) and VOLUNTEERS her time as available to keep the site
running and make additions and changes.

Similarly, hosting the site is done at a PROFESSIONAL INTERNET PROVIDER by an
actual PROFESSIONAL INTERNET-TYPE PERSON (also a very, very good one) who also
VOLUNTEERS time as available to pitch in and help solve problems such as this
as quickly as possible.

Both were quick to respond last night and get things going again then, and I'm
sure both will come through again today as soon as they can.

Sorry to sound in any way harsh, but I want to make sure folks understand that
this is only a technical problem that will be fixed; again, it is NOT an
intentional "redesign" of the site.

OK? :-)

Meanwhile, it's great to see the responses, in that it shows how well the VTR
site is regarded by so many! We definitely take that as a compliment!

--Andy
Andrew Mace, Vice President for Member Services
The Vintage Triumph Register <http://www.vtr.org>