TR6 Frame Repair

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Frame Repair
From: Mike Pisani <mpisani099@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 12:08:33 -0800 (PST)
Hi All,

After sitting around for the last 7 or 8 years, I'm
ready to put my 69 TR6 back on the road.  It needs the
rear suspension frame mounting cross member
replacement.  If I try to do this the right way, by
taking the body off of the frame, it will never get
done, since I have neither the time, money or space
for such a job.

I'm contemplating having the repairs performed at a
place in Cranston, RI called Rustec.  I got their name
out of Hemmings, for just this sort of thing.  I spoke
to them, and it seems they'll do the job right,
replacing both frame members, and the two gusset
plates, as necessary.  The downside is that they have
to cut through the body to gain access.

Has anyone out there had any dealings with Rustec
before?  Any comments, good or bad?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions about making
such repairs, and perhaps making them a little less
expensive?

Thanks,
Mike - 69 TR6, RI