Re: TR4A engine removal problems

To: PeterSchop@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4A engine removal problems
From: SDOliner@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 17:40:26 EST
In a message dated 1/26/02 4:15:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
PeterSchop@aol.com writes:

<< I am ready to remove the TR4A engine and trans from my TR4. My problem is
 where do I hook the lifting cable to the engine? >>
As far as I can guess the TR4 and TR4A engines are identical. My TR4A engine
has the front lifting eye (behind the water pump)  I used a fender washer to
secure the link of a chain at the manifold stud as the rear lifting point. No
problems. Except that cast iron TRactor engine and tranny weight a ton or at
least more than four times my wieght. I was using a block and tackle with a
four to one ratio and literally picking myself up. Get a buddy or do as I did
and hook your feet under the front bumper, or buy a spridget.

But I see no reason why you can't use the fender washer method at both points.

David Oliner
59,60 Bugeyes
67TR4A