RE: Two questions

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Two questions
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 08:01:58 -0800
Bob :

I tapped and threaded the exhaust manifold, right at the chamber where the
individual tubes meet.  It actually could go almost anywhere, but the
further away from the engine, the longer it will take to get to operating
temperature.  Since I was planning on replacing the manifold anyway, it was
just the easiest (no welding) place to put it.  Had to clean the surface up
a little so the gasket would seat against it.

However, the run of the mill O2 sensor isn't a lot of help.  They are really
only accurate right at stoichiometric, which is required for a catalytic
converter, but a TR3 almost never runs there.  Maximum power is richer,
maximum fuel mileage is leaner ...

Randall