Re: Radio Aerial TR4A

To: <MartynHen@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Radio Aerial TR4A
From: "Dixie" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 19:05:55 -0000
There seems to be four different opinions on this one.

Firstly there is the school of thought that it should be at the front and
then some say it should be at the back.

Piggotts books says the rear, adjacent to the tank.

Which ever is chosen in my opinion it should be on the drivers side away
from the kerb for best reception.

I will be fitting mine to the scuttle on the front drivers side as I live in
UK and the weather is shall we say changeable, so rear mounting would
probably get in the way of folding the soft top in a hurry and also when
filling the tank which again, according to Piggotts book, should be filled
from the drivers side of the car.

In reality radios were fitted by dealers rather than the factory so they
seemed to fit them in what ever position was the whim at the time.

Incidently my TR4A aerial was originally fitted passengerside but it is OK
as I have converted to right hand drive.

Adrian
TR4A CT64306 O