TR3 Pearl Gray Color

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 Pearl Gray Color
From: "Daniel Shockey" <magnut_dan@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 23:05:10 FILETIME=[BB93A6F0:01C1AAAB]
Listers,

I am trying to match the Pearl Gray original color of my early TR3a.
(TS34xxx)  The paint is still original through thin and faded. I want to go
to a urethane paint but my suppliers cannot find the numbers listed or they
are for the old paint types. Has anyone done this recently? I will have to
get a color match done otherwise for more money and still no certain match.
(I want to paint the engine compartment at present. I want to use something
close to the original so it will be close when I eventually paint the
exterior.) Suggestions as to what to use to get a match? He didn't like the
tire compartment cover for the purpose. I thought about the air vent panel.

Thanks in advance.

Dan Shockey
San Jose, CA