RE: TR6 Cracked Rotor AGAIN!!

Subject: RE: TR6 Cracked Rotor AGAIN!!
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 15:42:48 -0800
Pete, it's an interesting theory.  Do the posts in the cap show signs of
violence ?  How about the tip of the rotor ?  If you grab the shaft and
wiggle it, does it clunk around ?

I've never rebushed one, but I agree it doesn't look hard.  If it's like a
TR3, the pin that locates the dog on the shaft is tapered, it only goes in
and out one way.  Also the holes in the dog and the shaft are not centered,
there is a certain way it has to be turned when driving the pin back in.  A
mark on the end before disassembling might be a good idea.  I would
definitely use washers and threaded rod to R&R the bushing.  The body is
soft and fragile, easy to crack.

Randall