RE: More about TR6 rotors and caps

Subject: RE: More about TR6 rotors and caps
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 08:37:01 -0800
> The rotor seems to fit on the end of the shaft pretty snug, so I've
> come to what seems like an inescapable conclusion:
>
> This distributor is SHOT.

Well, it could be a defective cap or rotor, but since you've been through
several of each, I agree it's probably the dizzy bushing.

> I'm a little puzzled though, about how to go about re-bushing it,
> because TRF's Blue and Green parts catalogues don't even list
> distributor shaft bushings.

Moss lists 153-100, with the notation that it has to be cut to length.
Price seems a bit high to me tho, I'd measure the shaft and distributor
body, then check McMaster-Carr for a 'sintered bronze' bush with the correct
id and od.

> I'll visit the NAPA machine shop down the street this morning and see
> if they can do this work.

That'll work too, although I bet their machinist doesn't work Sundays !

Randall