Re: Stuck cylinder head tips (reprise)

To: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Subject: Re: Stuck cylinder head tips (reprise)
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 22:38:17 -0500
Hugh:

Just went through this with my '59 TR3 head.  What ended up working
for me was backing out the head studs.  I used a jam nut as the base
nut and then a metal lock nut (not the nylon type) as the top nut,
cranked them together and then unscrewed the stud using the jam nut.
Had to use plenty of PB Blaster, but they backed out.  With the
studs removed, a good smack with the rubber mallet released the head
and it could be lifted off.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6