Re: gland nut & olive

To: "lmtr4a" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>, "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: gland nut & olive
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 10:43:17 -0800
Lou,

I would think that the compression fitting could be reused as long as there
are no scratches. I've reused them on my plumbing at home which is under a
lot  more pressure than the steering box.  However, as I recall when I did
mine, I picked up a few new ones at the hardware store for a few cents
apiece.  I believe that they are a standard size.  I did reuse the nut, no
problems with leaks.

Bob