RE: rubber valve cover gasket for TR3

Subject: RE: rubber valve cover gasket for TR3
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 13:12:05 -0800
Cc: Triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
I've been using mine for quite some time, I like it.  Not cheap, but the
gasket is infinitely reusable.  Justin also throws in some 'high tech' seals
for the cover studs, so overall it's a very good deal.  As Carl noted, it's
only for the original steel rocker cover.  See Justin's website is at
http://www.jmwagnersales.com
for more info.

Currently only available for the TRactor motor, Justin plans to make one
available for the 6-cyl TR RealSoonNow.

One other oddity though, it's almost impossible to reinstall the gasket
while it is warm.  Part of it's sealing ability is that it expands when
warm.  I'm told the racers drop the gasket in the ice chest while doing
whatever has to be done on a hot engine ...

Randall