Forwarded: ebay -- parts to avoid?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded: ebay -- parts to avoid?
From: List Administration <lists@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 10:18:26 -0700 (MST)
For some reason this was sent to me rather than triumphs@autox.team.net.

mjb.
----

     From: Eganb@aol.com
     Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 14:49:11 EST
     Subject: ebay -- parts to avoid?

Folks,

With all the discussion about using eBay, I have a question.  I need new
shocks, front and rear, and NOS Armstrong shocks appear on eBay from time to
time.  But I'm reluctant to bid on them, since I don't know how old they are,
and I assume that the seals in the shocks can eventually go, even if they
haven't been used.   Thoughts?

As for paying too much for parts on eBay, I always have my
TRF/Rimmers/British Victoria catalogs in front of me before I bid...

Bruce
1980 Inca Yellow TR7 Convertible
Chapel Hill, NC

"Send lawyers, guns and money."  - Warren Zevon