Re: Speech control policy?

To: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>, <msecrest@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Speech control policy?
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 23:53:14 -0600
>Seriously, a little silly that speech control thing. An acquaintance of
mine
>ran a forum on research into breast cancer from a Montreal university. He
>consistently had associates in many parts who couldn't get the messages
>because their e-mail system blocked e-mail with the "b-word". They finally
>started sending out messages with "brst" used instead. Believe it or not.

I believe it.  On the message site MAC uses, if you post a message with the
word "cockpit", it will show up on the message site as "####pit".   When we
found that out, we started sending various words to see which ones got
blanked.

Phil Ethier  West Side   Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
pethier@isd.net   http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org