TR3 Overdrive

Subject: TR3 Overdrive
From: Todd Richmond <twr@hpestwr.fc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 15:57:42 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Howdy,

I'm sure this must have been discussed on the list plenty of times, but since
the archives are not available . . .

1) When did TR3's start coming with overdrive, if ever?

2) How do you tell if you have overdrive?

3) If you don't have overdrive, what's the best way to install it?  What
do you need to do it?

4) I think I've read somewhere that the overdrive gives you ~25% increase
in tire rotation versus no overdrive at the same rpm.  How big a deal is
that?  When I get done with my restoration, am I gonna immediately wish
I had overdrive on my TR3A?

Any and all comments welcome!

Thanks,

Todd Richmond