RE: slipping clutch

To: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: slipping clutch
From: Bill Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:05:07 -0800
At 12:45 PM -0500 2/15/02, Jim Muller wrote:
>Randall offerd:
>>  With the clutch pedal released, there should be no pressure in the system
>
>Well, that's what I would've thought.  But I found consistently that the
>system was pressurized, that releasing the nut would let the pressure out
>(and I'd have to catch a drop or two of brake fluif with a rag as it drooled
>down the master cylinder).
>
>>  (and the valve I mentioned before is what releases any pressure
>>after the MC has
>>  returned all the way).
>
>I don' know nuthin' 'bout no release valve.  Perhaps the TR MC is different
>but the interior of the MC on the "little Triumphs" seems to have only one-
>way-incoming valves.  Though I've rebuilt a few since then, I confess I've
>never thought about it more closely since that episode, and that was a
>decade ago at least.

I had a similar problem with Casper and with the lists advice I
replaced the flex hose, it seems the hose has a tendency to collapse
after time and form a sort of one way valve, not sure if this is
correct for your car but it sure helped Casper, BTW I opted for the
stainless steel covered hose vs rubber.

Good Luck

--
Bill Pugh