E-bay

To: musson@arts.usf.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: E-bay
From: Volare340@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 09:01:02 EST
C,

I saw your three reasons for being leery of a car on eBay, all valid.  But
there is a good reason for a car to be on there too, and it is this:
someone, somewhere, wants EXACTLY what the seller has, and it may be across
the state, the country or an ocean.  The local paper, car clubs, Hemmings,
etc., only gets into a limited number of hands.  Ebay has millions of lookers
and you need only buyer, pretty good odds.

I have been AMAZED at the prices the little Brit part odds and ends I had
around the house brought on Ebay.  My alternative was a garage sale, where I
sell a $10 part for 50 cents, or a swap meet/car show, where I sit in the sun
all day and the prices go down as the day goes on.  I love the idea of a
forum where the price goes up as time goes by.  As with anything, it's buyer
beware, so check the feedback and read the comments.  In general, for
expensive items avoid anyone with less than 95%/25 positive feedback entries,
and pay by credit card whenever you can, because you can charge it back in a
dispute.  Cheers!

Tom K
North Atlanta
1974 TR6